Vegan Hardrock Miner Pasties (serves 6)
created by: Anonymous
- 11) Pre-heat oven to 400F. Combined flour (optional: 1Tbs grounded salt for flavor) and vegan butter in a large bowl and mix until flour becomes clumpy. Slowly add small amounts of ice water to the dough, and mix until malleable. Form dough into a ball, refrigerate in a cover bowl for at least 30 minutes.
- 22) In a large non-stick frying pan, sauté soy crumbles under Medium-High heat until frost is removed and crumbles are fully separated from clumps, then add the frozen peas and onions. Stir frequently for 5 minutes, then add all other filling ingredients and sauté for an additional few minutes. Remove from heat.
- 33) Take dough and divide into six balls. Using a rolling-pin, roll dough into an oval shape. Scoop small amounts of filling and spread parallel in the middle of the rolled dough. Flip dough over the filling and seal the edges by pressing down with a fork.
- 44) Lay pasties on a non-stick cookie sheet, and place in the oven for 30 minutes. After 10 minutes, brush almond milk over pasties.
- 55) Allow to rest for 5 minutes, serve hot with basalmic vinegar or ketchup.
customize this recipe
- Dough Ingredients _______________
- 2 2/3 Cups Flour
- 7 1/2 Tbs Vegan butter
- 1/3 Cup Water (iced cold)
- Filling ingredients _______________
- 1 Bag Frozen soy meatless crumbles
- 1 Regular size bag Frozen Peas
- 3 Medium Idaho potatoes (skinned, diced <1/2" in. cubes)
- 2 Large Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1 Medium White Onion (finely diced)
- 1/2 Cup Pre-cooked Lentils
- 2 Large Carrots (diced)
- 3 Small Yellow squash chopped
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
Similiar recipes will show up here once you start creating your recipe
Nutrition info will start showing up here
You can adjust the units and measures here